As pretty much everyone who cares knows by now, there will be an Apple event tomorrow that will introduce the new iPad. It’s prediction time. Here’s what I’m guessing we’ll see.
- The new iPad will be called the iPad HD and, other than some minor tweaks to the shape of the back, will look essentially the same as the iPad 2 when turned off.
- It will have a high-resolution, 2048×1536 screen.
- It will have a faster processor. I’m betting this will be the quad-core A6 processor, but a faster dual-core processor (A5X) is also possible.
- It will have better cameras and “FaceTime HD” will be touted as one the advantages.
- A new Apple TV will be released. It will be basically the same as the old Apple TV, but will support 1080p video.
- There will be new apps/features to highlight the strengths of the new iPad. This is most likely to include photo editing (e.g. Aperture).
- It will have Bluetooth 4.0
- The 3G models will be replaced by LTE models, at least in the US, for carriers that support LTE. FaceTime over LTE will be touted as one of the advantages.
- We’ll also see the announcement of some major new iPad apps, most likely Microsoft Office.
Siri is a wildcard. I give it a 50% chance.