Another Apple event today. Here’s what I’m guessing we’ll see:
The iPad 2. I suspect it will just be called iPad.
- I think we’ll see WiFi and 3G models, and the same 3G model will work on either Verizon or AT&T.
- The screen will be the same resolution as the current iPad.
- It will be thinner, lighter, have a better speaker, but no other major external changes.
- The OS will be 4.3.
- It will have a faster processor and 512 MB of RAM.
- Storage will be 16, 32, and 64 GB. It will have a faster processor
- It will have cameras, though these could be eliminated on the low end model
- I could see the low end model dropping to $399.
- it will ship within the next 30 days, possibly immediately.
What else will we see?
I think Apple will announce that the white iPhone 4 will also begin shipping this month.
iOS5 preview? Possible, but I could also imagine not seeing it at this event. It may be too distracting.
I do think we’ll get some sort of MobileMe announcement with new features that are going to be available soon. Some level of MobileMe access will become free with your iOS device.